HIGH FALLS ECODISTRICTAbout the EcoDistrict
Who is involved in this collaboration?
It takes a community to build a community. The High Falls EcoDistrict has an amazing community composed of a critical team, a steering committee, corporate partners and Greentopia staff.
The Critical Team
The Critical Team is a small, core group of people who are committed to the process of forming the EcoDistrict. Their first step was to attend the EcoDistrict Incubator in Portland, OR: a three-day intensive project-based workshop, designed to accelerate district-scale sustainability and provide advanced training. They meet on a bi-monthly basis to provide input and support to the Greentopia staff.
- Tara Boggio, Chair | Associate Vice President, T.Y. Lin International
- Valarie Avalone | Director of Planning, MCC
- Lisa Baron | Founding Board Chair, Greentopia
- Laura Fox | Rochester Downtown Development Corporation
- Mary Hartstein | Program Associate, Rochester Area Community Foundation
- Mitch Rowe |Director Building Operations, Parks Maintenance, Forestry, City of Rochester
- Anne Spaulding |Energy and Environmental Sustainability Manager, City of Rochester
- Lewis Stess |Co-Founder, President & CEO, Greentopia
- Michelle Virts |Associate Engineer, Monroe County Dept of Environmental Services
- Craig C Webster |Co-Founder & Partner, Webster Properties
The Steering Committee, still in formation, will be a large feedback body of individuals who live or work in the EcoDistrict and other experts in the fields of urban planning and sustainability.
The Eco-Partners are businesses and government agencies that have committed to collaboration and involvement with the EcoDistrict. More are coming online every day so check back here often for the latest list.